Cleeve Prior , site logo.

NDP Meetings

NDP meeting documents - March 2017

 

Zipped file 

 

 

NDP status update 18 September.2016 

 

Minutes of meeting at WDC 1.9.2016 (rec'd 16.9.2016) 

Notes of Meeting 22.7.2016 at WDC offices (rec'd 16.9.2016) 

NDP Consultation Analysis 8.7.2016 (rec'd 16.9.2016)

Report to Annual Parish Meeting May 2016 (rec'd 16.9.2016)

NDP meeting with Wychavon 23.3.2016  (rec'd 16.9.2016) 

 

NDP status update 9 Mar 2016

 

The CPPC meeting of this date received a full written response from Mr J Hegarty on the topic of the Traveller site planning and CP11 consultation. This letter was placed on the village web site and the CPPC resolved to set up a meeting with WDC to gain clarification on a way forward. Date to be advised.

 

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

 

NDP status update 2 Mar 2016

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

 

Letter to Parish Council from Wychavon District Council

 

NDP status update 24 Feb 2016

The chairman attended a footpath meeting on 19/2/16 with County Countryside Services, accompanied by Alan Saunders.

The meeting was chaired by Team Leader Phil Coulson with Access Volunteer Officer Amanda Hill.

The meeting was called to reprimand me as a parish path warden for writing to the Inspector who is due to make a decision on the County’s closure of part of the path that links the Parish Wharf to Marlcliff. As I am also chair of the NDP team I drew the officers attention to the evolving NDP that seeks to make more of the Parish Wharf area, not to see a reduction in amenity from the cancellation of this path.

The inspector is due to visit Cleeve on 21/3/16 to make a geographical assessment of the path. The line of the path has been surveyed, under instruction of County Countryside Services and marked but I am unable to find any markers and have requested CPPC to remedy this situation prior to the inspectors visit.

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

 

NDP status update 17 Feb 2016

The chairman attended the Gypsy & Traveller Accommodation Assessment report presentation at Worcs County Hall on 15/2/16, accompanied by Teresa (& Peter for both CPPC & NDP).

The meeting was chaired by Clr Ron Adams with officers Fred Davies of Wychavon and David Clarke of Malvern, plus an officer from Worcs.

In brief summary; there is a small deficit in Traveller pitches in Wychavon and the South West of the county in general; of the new sites identified only two don’t involve extending existing sites by 10 pitches each and those two have yet to see a planning application that includes Traveller pitches; vacant pitches are not counted as being available for use just because a Traveller is located elsewhere; unused pitches in Cleeve Prior are not counted as they are not considered habitable for various reasons; information exchange between counties is not strong; there is little if any powers to move unofficial emcampments from Traveller owned land, whilst there is a deficit of pitches.

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

 

NDP status update 10 Feb 2016

The chairman attended the CPPC meeting to find that a disconnect between WDC corporate and WDC planning had blocked the CP11 consultation on Gypsy site housing due to non compliance with the SWDP. Meetings between these officers is to be called ASAP.

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

 

NDP status update 27 Jan 2016

No meetings or communications, into or out of the NDP team, have taken place in the previous week.

An extraordinary meeting of CPPC took place on 25/1/16 to consider the  CP11 consultation document submitted by the NDP team.

The submitted document was not approved.It was resolved that the CPPC would construct the document, despite the involvement of three CPPC members in it’s original formulation.

One NDP team member has offered their resignation, others have questioned their future role.

 

NDP status update 13 Jan 2016

The CP11 consultation document has been circulated to the NDP team, and to the CPPC, ahead of the January CPPC meeting.

Unfortunately the document didn’t arrive in sufficient time for councillors to give it full consideration at the meeting. An extrodinary meeting may be convened to cover this topic.

The NDP team seek full co-operation with CPPC prior to the consultation being sent out and have offered to meet informally to assist councillors.

Tetlow King and the NDP team have been advised that the consultation will be delayed.

 

2015

 

NDP status update 30 Dec 2015

The NDP team have exchanged e-mails to suggest revisions to the draft of the presentation version of the consultation document.

A meeting to conclude the consultation document has been called for Monday the 4th January 2016.

 

NDP status update 23 Dec 2015

Natalia and Peter circulated their presentation version of the draft document for consultation on the future of theGypsy site.

 

NDP status update 16 Dec 2015

The NDP team met during the week to discuss the draft consultation document, on the future of the Gypsy site, provided for them by their consultant Jed Griffiths.

Line by line analysis refined the document.

Natalia and Peter offered to make a  presentation version of the draft document within the next week.

 

NDP Status Update November 2015.

The meeting at Wychavon on November 3rd turned out to be a consultation of opinion with the village, prompted by an unsolicited meeting between Tetlow King and Wychavon planning on 4/9/15 on possible development of the Gypsy site. The same three proposals that were showcased by Tetlow King in the village were again shown to Wychavon planning.

Due to the variance between the SWDP and the development proposals, Wychavon have asked Telow King to reconsider their approach and perhaps engage with the NDP team, to gain a concensus, before making a planning application. As yet we have not heard how Tetlow King will respond.

The NDP team are currently considering the best way to continue consultation on the CP11 policy of the plan because of the scale of building required to make the project viable. It is a case of enabling development but also constraining development.

Whilst there is no duty to further consult it is uncertain whether without more consultation on the pro’s and con’s of this scale of development, that a policy can be concluded that would satisfactorily pass referendum.

Further meetings are scheduled with Wychavon and our consultant on 16th Nov.

Regards

Tom Carr

NDP Chair            Tel. 778051          e-mail tomcarroct@aol.com

 

 

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at Top Farm 5th Nov 2015, 7:30 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine,  N Brown,  P Howe,  N Berry,

S Mathews, B Taylor . Guest - Richard Lasota

 

 

 

Apologies

None received

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

Not yet circulated.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

To provide an update of the Nov 3rd meeting with Wychavon that references the CP11 policy.

 

 

Plan status

No up date to report.

 

 

 

CP11 Discussion

Tom provided a summary of the non minuted consultation meeting at Wycavon that was chaired by Chief Executive Jack Hegarty. Wychavon have met Tetlow King who presented the same 3 proposals that we have seen in the village presentations. Mr Hegarty did not rule out the possibility of planning permission due to the on going drain of public resources managing the site but he advised them of the need to find out what was the local opinion, hence this Nov 3rd meeting.

The option is now confirmed that we can include an allocation of the site for development.

 

Actions agreed

Confirm the outcome of the Wychavon 6th Nov meeting with Tetlow King.

Try to enlist the assistance of Andy Ford at Wychavon and Jed Griffiths to formulate a CP11 policy that enables development whilst constraining the scale of development

Set up a meeting with Tetlow King to judge their appetite for a smaller scale development, more suitable to the size of the village.

Continue to prepare a December news letter containing the issues and possible scale of a viable development.

 

Timescale.

Set up meetings as soon as possible.

Meet 22/11/15 News letter deadline.

 

 

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 19/11/15 Top Farm 7.30pm.

 

 

Meeting closed 9.45pm.

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at Top Farm 2nd Nov 2015, 7:30 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine,  N Brown,  P Howe,  N Berry,

S Mathews, B Taylor .

 

 

 

Apologies

None received

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

Sent by e-mail, no responses received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

To provide an opportunity to discuss issues ahead of the meeting with Wychavon that references the CP11 policy.

 

 

Plan status

No up date to report.

The NDP position of 'continuing consultation' was reported to the Parish Council and has appeared in the November edition of the Parish Magazine

 

 

CP11 Discussion

The valuation report confirmed that a considerable number of houses are required to meet the viability criteria. Tom presented a spreadsheet that compared the Tetlow King options to the valuation report of viability. Only the executive 63 houses option meet the viability criteria based on square metres built. Reductions in build for the other two options were tabled.

The alternatives for CP11 of a housing estate, a retirement community or a mixture of both were discussed in detail to check that all concerns were discussed, many as per our last meeting (see minutes).

 

Actions agreed

The outcome of the Wychavon meeting will be discussed at an extra meeting to see if our previous actions can be implimented (see last minutes).

 

Timescale.

This awaits the outcome of the Wychavon meeting.

 

 

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 5/11/15 Top Farm 7.30pm.

 

 

Meeting closed 9.45pm.

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Memorial Hall 12th Oct 2015, 7:30 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine,  N Brown,  P Howe,  N Berry,

S Mathews,  A Rooney.

B Taylor

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

Not applicable.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

As per the agenda that focuses on concluding the CP11 policy in the light of the valuation report from G Herbert Banks Surveyors.

 

 

Plan status

Jed Griffiths is making the minor modifications required by consultation feed back and is restructuring the layout to align with the SWDP.

The work on the required consultation statement and glossary of terms is progressing well.

A ‘holding’ CP11 policy was provided to this meeting.

 

 

 

 

CP11 Discussion

The valuation report confirmed that a considerable number of houses are required to meet the viability criteria.

The consultation response clearly requests that the site be cleaned up, even if this entails larger quantites of buildings than the historical growth of the village and no guarantee of improved anti-social behaviour.

The alternatives for CP11 therefore rest on a housing estate, a retirement community or a mixture of both.

Concerns to be considered in a final policy choice include ensuring that only this site is developed with no futher expansion towards Mill Lane. That a village within a village is avoided. Traffic movements, noise and artificial light are minimized. Building heights and densities are minimized whilst keeping buildings looking in keeping with the core of the village. (please advise me of any missed off this brief list)

 

Actions agreed

An update of the NDP position of 'continuing consultation' will be reported to the Parish Council and written for the November edition of the Parish Magazine.

The outcome of the Wychavon meeting along with a list of issues to be considered and options available, will be included in the December edition, to encourage discussion within the community.

 

Timescale.

The ability to conclude our work has been interupted by the escalation within Wychavon of the CP11 consultation. Thus presentation to the Parish Council of the final document is unlikely before January 2016..

 

 

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 9/11/15 Memorial Hall 7.30pm.

 

 

Meeting closed 9.45pm.

 

 

NDP Status Update September 2015.

 

The findings of the 6 week consultation were presented to Wychavon planning in a recent meeting.

Most of the draft plan was welcomed in its’ slightly revised form, that reflected the consultation, not least of which was with Wychavon planning department.

We discussed the majority view from the consultation that the Gypsy site would be better off developed in a small way.

We acknowledged that the land owners had in place an option to sell to a developer, South West Developments, represented by Tetlow King.

If the Neighbourhood Plan is to deliver the wishes of the voting community of the parish, then some sort of development of the complete site is needed.

The key question is whether a development can be agreed that is big enough to provide a profitable return for the developer but is small enough not to overwhelm the current village.

The developer cannot proceed without the Neighbourhood Plan allocating the land for building and the Neighbourhood plan is unlikely to pass referendum, unless a deliverable building project is included.

The recommended route forward is to have the land valued, the infrastructure for development costed (e.g.drains, power, water, roads, road junction, etc.) and housing build costed, with the objective of identifying a breakeven point for the development.

With costing in place it becomes possibile to discuss the economic scale of a development that will form part of the policy and to return to Wychavon to discuss it’s acceptability for inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan..

The NDP team are in the process of identifying a suitable valuer to begin this process.

If you have any questions about this next phase of the NDP then please get in touch before the weekend.

Regards

Tom Carr

NDP Chair            Tel. 778051          e-mail tomcarroct@aol.com

 

NDP team update

NDP meeting at Field Barn 29/7/15

Attendance: Brian, Teresa, Nick and Tom

We struggled through a long list of ammendments proposed from the evidence of the response to the 6 week consultation.

Using the notional threshold of 5 or more votes, most of the proposals were agreed. Some were rejected, despite having passed the threshold, as the team considered the draft plan to be satisfactory.

The issue of CP11 was discussed at length to resolve the dilemma of meeting the majority of residents wishes to see the Gypsy site developed and not opening the opportunity for a large scale development elsewhere. Our conclusion was to make clear that the policies referred to the traditional core of the village and that a separate set of conditions and policy would govern the Gypsy site. Just how this was to be achieved was placed in the chairmans hands for the meeting with Wychavon.

The list of proposals was updated ahead of the meeting with Wychavon.

Thankyou Brian, Teresa and Nick for bearing with a boring at time crawl through the detail.

 

NDP meeting at Wychavon Planning Department 30/7/15

Attendance: Jed Griffiths (consultant), Teresa, Tom and Andy Ford (senior planning officer)

Jed presented the changes made to the draft suggested by the statutory consultee responses. Most were agreed with a few minor further tweaks to comply with the largely technical nature of the responses.

Tom presented the list of ammendments agreed from the previous evenings NDP team meeting. Again most were agreed subject to some checks for compliance with national planning criteria.

Our suggestion for the Gypsy site was discussed in a co-operative and constructive manor, to find the best solution. Clearly the consultation response provided a mandate to get the site developed but not to a level that dominated the existiting community.

This resulted in the proposal to engage an expert to value the land. The object of this move was to provide a basis for negotiating with South West Developments (and Tetlow King) to find the lowest density build that constituted a viable project. As they hold 5 year options on the land, this form of negotiation was the preferred way forward for all at the meeting. Appropriate wording for the CP11 policy would be chosen on concluding these negotiations. All were assured that this would result in a policy that constrained development to the Gypsy site only and that the development would be the smallest to assure that the build went ahead. Jed will nominate a valuation expert.

Thankyou to Teresa and Jed for representing the interests of Cleeve Prior so effectively.

 

 

May 2015

Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) report to Annual Parish Meeting

13/05/2015

Residents will be aware that the draft of policies proposed for the Neighbourhood Development Plan have be mailed out for the statutory consultation period, due to end on 30/6/2015.

These policies are the result of several years of collecting survey data, listening to residents at open events and consulting with statutory organisations. The policies are just a summary of this information gathering. No attempt has been made to insert policies for any reason other than to reflect this information process.

The principle purpose of the consultation stage is for the NDP team to receive opinion on whether the policies represent all of the topics in an appropriate way. It is not too late for new topics to be included or for existing policies and text to be amended. As with the content of the plan to date, any changes will need to be backed up by evidence of support for the change. Please remember that the plan must align with National and South Worcestershire policy or it will not pass independent inspection.

The next stage of NDP team work will be to promote your response to the circulated draft (as we did on Polloing Day) and to then analyise responses after the consultation period closes. Amendments that can be statisitically justified will be made prior to submitting the plan to Wychavon for  their approval and inspection. In the event that any issue emerges that is splitting opinion, a further period of consultation with residents will be considered.

It is hard to predict a time scale for these next phases so at this time I cannot say when the plan will be returned to us for referendum. It is the aim of the NDP team to keep the process moving as quickly as we can, without risking missing a critical step, to get the protection offered by an NDP available, to influence development in the parish.

Tom Carr

Chair of the NDP working group. E-mail tomcarroct@aol.com

NDP group is:

Peter Howe <pjh@uk2.net

Andrew Rooney <ar91105@gmail.com>,

Natalia Brown <natalia@first-breath.co.uk

Brian Taylor <briantaylor1454@btinternet.com,

Mike Heelis <mike@heelisconsulting.co.uk,

Steve Mathews <smatthews_mpd@yahoo.co.uk,

Teresa Woodbine <ttwoodbine@icloud.com,

Nick Berry <nickbury@go-plus.net, 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Memorial Hall 15th April 2015, 7:00 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine

N Brown

B Taylor

N Berry

S Mathews

A Rooney

M Heelis

Jed Griffths - consultant

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

No comments were received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

To plan and resource the consultation period of the NDP.

 

 

Plan status

Questions raised about the draft by the Parish Councilors were answered by a response document from the NDP.

V7 of the plan was approved by CPPC on 8/4/15. Only one minor modification was required that evidence did not support.

Consultation is to be based on the draft policies, not the draft of the finished document.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Timescale.

The timing for consultation is to be 8 weeks commencing 1/5/15, to be completed by 30th June. The scale and nature of the responses will dictate the presentation to the Parish Council of the final document.

 

 

 

Consultation plan

          See attached plan with actions and responsibilities.

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 1/7/15 Memorial Hall 7pm.

 

Any other business

The CPPC will compile and print in the May edition of the Parish Magazine, a list of issues to be considered, should the Gypsy site become available for development.  

The Heritage Trust will investigate the possible routes to purchase the green spaces identified in the NDP.

Meeting closed 9.15pm.

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Memorial Hall 15th April 2015, 7:00 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine

N Brown

B Taylor

N Berry

S Mathews

A Rooney

M Heelis

Jed Griffths - consultant

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

No comments were received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

To plan and resource the consultation period of the NDP.

 

 

Plan status

Questions raised about the draft by the Parish Councilors were answered by a response document from the NDP.

V7 of the plan was approved by CPPC on 8/4/15. Only one minor modification was required that evidence did not support.

Consultation is to be based on the draft policies, not the draft of the finished document.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Timescale.

The timing for consultation is to be 8 weeks commencing 1/5/15, to be completed by 30th June. The scale and nature of the responses will dictate the presentation to the Parish Council of the final document.

 

 

 

Consultation plan

          See attached plan with actions and responsibilities.

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 1/7/15 Memorial Hall 7pm.

 

Any other business

The CPPC will compile and print in the May edition of the Parish Magazine, a list of issues to be considered, should the Gypsy site become available for development.  

The Heritage Trust will investigate the possible routes to purchase the green spaces identified in the NDP.

Meeting closed 9.15pm.

 

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Memorial Hall 15th April 2015, 7:00 pm

 

Present

Apologies

T Carr- NDP Chair

T Woodbine

N Brown

B Taylor

N Berry

S Mathews

A Rooney

M Heelis

Jed Griffths - consultant

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

No comments were received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

To plan and resource the consultation period of the NDP.

 

 

Plan status

Questions raised about the draft by the Parish Councilors were answered by a response document from the NDP.

V7 of the plan was approved by CPPC on 8/4/15. Only one minor modification was required that evidence did not support.

Consultation is to be based on the draft policies, not the draft of the finished document.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Timescale.

The timing for consultation is to be 8 weeks commencing 1/5/15, to be completed by 30th June. The scale and nature of the responses will dictate the presentation to the Parish Council of the final document.

 

 

 

Consultation plan

          See attached plan with actions and responsibilities.

 

Date and venue of next meeting

Provisional date 1/7/15 Memorial Hall 7pm.

 

Any other business

The CPPC will compile and print in the May edition of the Parish Magazine, a list of issues to be considered, should the Gypsy site become available for development.  

The Heritage Trust will investigate the possible routes to purchase the green spaces identified in the NDP.

Meeting closed 9.15pm.

 

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Kings Arms Tuesday 24th March 2015, 7:30 pm

 

Present

Apologies

M Heelis – Chair NDP

P Howe – CPPC & NDP

T Carr- NDP

T Woodbine -NDP

B Taylor NDP

N Berry NDP

S Mathews NDP

A Rooney NDP

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

No comments were received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

Elect a new chair of the NDP group.

 

 

Election

Tom Carr was nominated by T Woodbine and seconded by B Taylor

There being no other nominees and no objections, Tom was duly elected chair

 

 

 

 

 

Next step

Determine what issues are concerning the Parish Council and resolve then ASAP.

A meeting has been arranged for 15th April (time and place to be confirmed) when Jed will be on hand to assist with questions raised by the Parish Councillors.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Timescale.

The expected timing is for consultation to be completed by 10th July for presentation to that Parish Council meeting.

 

 

 

Date and venue of next meeting

TBA.

 

Any other business

None. Meeting closed 8pm.

 

 

 

 


NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cleeve Prior Team meeting

Meeting at the Kings Arms Tuesday 17th February 2015, 7:00 pm

 

Present

Apologies

M Heelis – Chair NDP

T Carr- NDP

T Woodbine -NDP

B Taylor NDP

A Rooney NDP

Bob Keith - consultant

N Brown NDP

 

 

Apologies

As above

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

No comments were received.

 

 

Objective of the meeting

Plan the consultation phase of the Parish Council approved draft of the NDP.

 

 

Publicity

We must communicate with all that live, work, have business interests and those on the statutory list e.g. utilities etc.

Non-resident land owners or potential developers may need to rely on advertised contact information to be aware of this consultation.

There must be a minimum of 6 weeks for consultees to feedback comments so additional time is needed for post or other printed formats to arrive.

A time table for consultation will be drafted prior to the next Parish Council meeting on 11th March.

A short form of the NDP will be drafted for posting out to all households. It will probably contain the policies with brief comments.

Postal service of print and post to be identified.

The village web site will carry a full copy of the NDP.

The Parish magazine will carry the short form NDP with directions to the web page for those interested in the complete document.

Presentations at open meetings to be organised in the village hall and field barn.

Banner and notices to be constructed and posted to raise awareness of the consultation period.

Full copies of NDP placed in the pub, village hall, shop, school, church, field barn, Wychavon DC and delivered to Traveller site owners.

Adverts in Evesham Journal and Stratford Herald

 

 

Mike-Andy Ford up to date list.

 

 

 

Tom

 

 

Jed

Mike

Mike

 

Mike.

 

All NDP

Tom

 

Teresa

 

Mike

Feedback

Written comments will use the Wychavon postal address.

Feedback will be required to be on a set format that captures comments against the relevant policy. Replies will be confidential but should contain the respondents name and address.

Feedback form to be compiled.

Despite concerns raised about the likely consultation response to policy 12 (Traveller site) no changes to the NDP draft were agreed.

 

 

Mike confirm with Wychavon

 

 

 

Jed

Next step

An assessment of feedback by the NDP team will make minor changes to the plan without further consultation.

Should a major change be democratically requested then the 6 week consultation will need to be repeated.

A summary of how and what consultation was made and received will NDP response to be incorporated into the NDP.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jed

Timescale.

The expected timing is for consultation to be completed by 10th June for presentation to that Parish Council meeting.

 

 

 

Date and venue of next meeting

TBA.

 

Any other business

None. Meeting closed 9pm.

 

 

 

 

 

  

May 2014 Update

Lucy from the Peanuts cartoon reminds us all that there is a time where it pays to get professional advice.  That time has arrived for us on the Cleeve Prior Plan team. Firstly, Bob Keith is advising us on the step-by-step process, through a series of useful tutorial sessions for our team members. Furthermore, we have also recently engaged the services of consultant Jed Griffiths, who is experienced in supporting groups like our own to create a high quality Neighbourhood Development Plan.

You are invited to come and meet Jed, who is here for his inaugural visit on Wednesday 14th May at the War Memorial Hall 6-7pm, before the Annual Parish Meeting. We will brief our consultant on developments so far, but feel sure that he will be looking forward to meeting some of the locals and getting a sense of the spirit of our community.  All are welcome to attend and take part.  We would be grateful if you would look at this and offer your impressions and feedback.

 

Copies of the Discussion Document and Feedback Form are available

Take a look at the summary of the consultation too

 

If you would like to, please write to us at CleevePriorPlan@outlook.com

Team: Mike Heelis (Chair), Andrew Rooney, Brian Taylor, Teresa Woodbine, Natalia Brown, Peter Howe and Stephen Matthews. Contact: CleevePriorPlan@outlook.com

 

April 2014 news

Cleeve Prior Plan – the wheels are in motion!

 

Thank you to all the people who turned up to the public forum meetings in the last month. We started our sessions by inviting local business; organizations & institutions in Cleeve Prior (such as the pub, the school, groups etc.) to comment on how they feel the village can grow and change in a progressive way over the next 15 years. Then we followed up with three public meetings, open to all members of the community, where we spoke to a wide variety of people about their thoughts and feelings regarding development of the village. We presented some outline options on where and how to add  housing provision to the local community, which got people thinking about this important, if sometimes controversial, part of the plan.

What did we discover?

Most residents recognize the need for some housing development and also see that there is a national trend towards housing provision that we will probably have to accommodate in some way in Cleeve Prior.

A number of plots of land around the village have been brought forward, which might support development of 100+houses over the next 15 years. Note: Landowners interested in developing sites should also bring their plans to the attention of Wychavon SHLAA.

Suggestions were made regarding the development of local facilities and amenities, in the event that funding becomes available to Cleeve Prior as a result of some housing development. For example, the Parish Council is considering the following ideas submitted through our neighbourhood plan meetings - a new/improved playground for children; a new community centre; a permanent pre-school building; a new classroom for the school to replace the prefab; local paths and walks to be improved as a public nature trail project; development of the village wharf; improved broadband provision/mobile phone reception. We are open to your thoughts/feedback on what you feel would be an appropriate way to invest in our village. Please forward your suggestions to Natalia Brown at the Parish Council. Contact details for the PC are in this newsletter.

 

Who are we & what is The Plan?

The Cleeve Prior Plan committee consists of local residents who volunteer time and energy to create a neighbourhood development plan (NDP), which reflects the local vision for our village from now until 2030. Our task is to collect and collate views and opinions from local residents and pull them together into a plan, which we submit to the Local Authority for approval. If Wychavon approves the plan, we hold a referendum in the village to vote and, if it is passed, we can use this document to shape the development and growth of our community over the next 15 years. Current members of the team include Mike Heelis (Chair), Andrew Rooney, Brian Taylor, Teresa Woodbine, Nick Bury, Natalia Brown, Peter Howe and Stephen Matthews. We can be contacted by e-mail on cleevepriorplan@outlook.com and some members of our team are also on the Parish Council, so members of the public can contribute views at the PC meetings on the second Wednesday of each month, 8pm, Memorial Hall. 

Neighbourhood Development Plan

Minutes of Meeting

Tuesday 7:00 pm, 14 January 2014

Parish Hall, Cleeve Prior

 

Present:- 

Andrew Rooney (chairman), Brian Taylor, Nick Bury, Steve Matthews, Gareth Williams, Mike Walker

 

Apologies:-

Peter Howe, Natalia Brown, Mike Heelis, Teresa Woodbine

 

 

 

Topic

Summary

Newsletter

AR to revise article for the Newsletter, and circulate for comment

 

AR to request £100 to be allocated to the Newsletter from the NDP Grant Fund held by Parish Council

 

Stakeholder Engagments

AR to email Sean Arble with a request that he email village groups with an invite to Stakeholder Engagement events in the Village Hall.

 

Village hall to be requested for Stakeholder Engagement events on Tuesday 11th and Monday 17th February

 

GW to produce and agenda/script for the Stakeholder Engagement events.

 

Sean Arble and Parish Council to be invited to attend the Stakeholder Engagement events

 

Rooftop

Rooftop to be invited to separate Stakeholder Event as landlord (not as potential developer)

 

AR to request Parish Council to issue invite to Rooftop

Roadshow Events

Roadshow Events to be arranged for:

-          Fri 7 March in Field Barn (7 – 8 pm)

-          Sat 8 march in School (2 – 3 pm)

-          Tue 11 March in Village Hall (7:30 – 8:30 pm)

 

GW to produce prompts for events

 

SM to produce A3 maps for events

 

Communications with Wychavon

AR to send Andy Ford summary of activities and progress, including 4 Pillars / Contents page

 

 

Next meeting

4 February 2014, at 7:30 pm in the Kings Arms

 

Neighbourhood Development Plan

Minutes of Meeting

Tuesday 7:00 pm, 23 December 2013

Parish Hall, Cleeve Prior

 

Present:- 

Andrew Rooney (chairman), Brian Taylor, Mike Heelis, Teresa Woodbine, Nick Bury, Steve Matthews

 

Apologies:-

Gareth Williams, Peter Howe, Natalia Brown, Mike Walker

 

 

 

Topic

Summary

Stakeholders

BT will prepare a list of key village groups, societies, and other stakeholders and start the process of contacting them with the objective of understanding their views about the NDP, and what the NDP can do for them

Communication Strategy

It was agreed that communication with the village will take place via a dedicated NDP website as well as via the Newsletter, and leaflet drops where appropriate.

AR to circulate website details by 10 January 2014

Roadshow Events

It was agreed that a series of events will be held, starting at the end of February. The events will be held in a series of locations to be decided, but likely to include Field Barn, the Village Hall, and Pub

The events will be based around 2 maps: one to allow voting on areas where development should not be allowed; one to allow voting on areas where development will be allowed.

The events will be publicised by an article in the Newsletter in January and a leaflet drop during February

AR to circulate, for comment and revision, text to be included in the Newsletter by 10 January 2014

SM to prepare maps for the Events by end February

Next meeting

14 January 2014, at 7 pm in the Kings Arms

  

October 2013

May 2013

February 2013

January 2013

December 2012

 

Click here to return to the NDP page.